How do you find nearly entered issues when you're using the Agile plugin

Janet Lunde May 9, 2015

I'm used to using Fogbugz. Any newly entered ticket defaulted to Milestone = Unassigned. We review them after the standup, and decide where to put them in the backlog (Milestone = Backlog), or add them to the sprint it they're an issue with what's currently being developed (Milestone = sprint whatever).

Using the Agile plugin with the simplified workflow, it's not clear to me how to tell if an issue has been reviewed yet. I can't just use a time filter (1 day) since the Product Owner may be adding stories to the backlog, or QA may be finding regressions and entering bugs and putting them directly into the sprint.

I see a sample workflow for (non-agile) JIRA that assigns newly entered issues to a triage state. Is there a way to do that when you're using the Agile plugin?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2015

Any newly entered ticket defaulted to Milestone = Unassigned

This doable. Edit your Project and make the default assignee Unassigned. 

Overall, for all your questions, you just need to learn how to use JIRA more as JIRA can do all that you want using the search functionality and workflows.

Suggest an answer