How do you differentiate between Dev and QA activities/issues?

Matt Evered September 9, 2011

What's the best method to differentiate between Dev & QA issues/activites? We could use custom issue types, tags, or custom fields. What works for other people?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2011

I like to use different types of subtasks

Matt Evered September 9, 2011

Good thinking. Thanks.

So dev, qa, general sub-tasks and tasks makes sense. Are you then able to derive Dev/QA capacity/allocation off of those?

Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2011

yes... and it also allows you to fold in things like code reviews (whether or not you use Crucible - but its easier with) and even design if you need. There are a number of different ways to set it up, but I prefer everything to roll up nicely into a single issue when possible so you can see exaclty how long a feature took to build (including testing and design), and where in the process it is.

Like Raghavendra Habbu likes this
Deleted user September 10, 2011

Jon,

This is interesting. Can you please elaborate more on this? I mean, the complete process?

Suggest an answer