How do you add an additional step to a field or screen

jennifer jennifer February 16, 2014

As a user, when I create an issue I want to select yes or no to the question, " is this R & D?" if yes a required pop up box appears asking you to justify it. If no, then nothing happens other than it selects no.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2014

Code.

Jira doesn't really have any hooks for you to create another screen, in general the user should do this on the create screen.

You could try to wedge something in with javascript, but the most simple solution is probably a single check box for the yes/no, and an extra justification text field. Both of these on the create screen itself.

You could use a simple validator to say "text must be filled if box is ticked" as well, and then you could show/hide the text field with js. I've avoided js as much as possible, but there's plenty of "can we show/hide with js" answers on other questions here, so a quick search should turn something up.

jennifer jennifer February 16, 2014

Looks like this might be beyond my skill level right now and would require me learning JS. I will do it without making the required box then. :) Thanks for your answer.

Suggest an answer