How do you add a line break when adding text in a sub-task or Acceptance criteria?

Brian Sherry November 12, 2021

I have created a Story and have added the story to an Epic. I added descriptive text to the story which included line breaks. Now I'm trying to add a list of items in the subtask and the Acceptance criteria summary section. However, when I press the Enter key Jira saves and then closes the issue.  I tried using Shift/Enter, Ctrl/Enter, Alt/Enter and none of these worked.  I don't see any settings which would affect the function of adding a line break. How do you get a line break to work in the summary areas? 

As a note: This issue seems to be limited to the subtask and Acceptance criteria.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

@Brian Sherry If you're trying to add line breaks to sub-task summary then I'm afraid that might not be possible. 
Is it the sub-task name/summary where you're trying to add a line break?

Yes, I'm trying to add line breaks in the subtask summary. I would prefer to use a "Task" and associate the task to a story like I did in the Enterprise version at my previous place of employment.  However, it appears the web version will only allow me to associate a task to an Epic but then I loose the tie-in to the story which is not what I want to do.

I did end up using the sub-task description. I was just hoping I didn't have to force the developer to open the subtask to see the detail. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events