How do i create a review for a xray test case

Walid Ben Younes June 15, 2021

Hi all, 

In my workflow Xray, i have a review step,

How I can create a pull request on a test card please ? 

Thank you in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@Walid Ben Younes - can you rephrase your question?

Since you mentioned pull requests, you can integrate Jira with many popular development tools and (for example) see linked PRs in Jira tickets you mention: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/integrate-with-development-tools/

Walid Ben Younes June 16, 2021

Hi @Dave Liao  :) 

We try to find the simplest solution for review test cases.

We don't know if Xray offers a specific interface for review test cases.

We thought of the same interface proposed by jira (Pull requests) for review code .js.

We don't know if there is a way to have a similar solution for xray :/

Thank you very much for your help and sorry if it was not clear we are novice in xray.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Hi everyone, 

yes you can review the code of your automated tests; these will be  abstracted as Test issues, so as any issue in Jira, you can link the code commits and eventually do pull-requests on them, as you would do for a user story for example.

You can simply follow the standard rules the teams apply, like creating a branch for the issue, add the issue key on the code commit messages, do the PRs for the issue.

Regards,

Sérgio

Like Dave Liao likes this
Walid Ben Younes June 16, 2021

Hi Sergio,

It's just amazing, thanks a lot guys @Sergio Freire - Xblend @Dave Liao for your help,

We will use this trick with the automatic tests

However is there a solution to better review the manual test cases ?

Thanks again :D 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events