Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I update the name associated with an email address on someone's profile?

The question is somewhat confusing... 

I have a profile for Joe Soap, with email address joesoap@blahblah.com (gmail hosted).  This person is also the owner of the Jira account.

When auto-notifications regarding the billing for that account come through, however, the email is address to Jane Clear.  

Since the profile is correct, I have no idea where to adjust the name that is used in the auto-emails from Jira.  Could someone indicated to me where the problem could be and how I can fix and test it?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Nov 29, 2022

Hi @Erika Wilson your question is indeed a bit confusing.

First of all, is the user account a managed account (via Atlassian Access claimed domain) or not?

If it is, you should be able to adjust the full name of the user account, either directly or via the identity provider.

If it isn't, the only way is to request the change to the user and have the user login to its account and change the full name in the profile.

I hope this will help: 

The first image is the email being address to Rochelle, which is incorrect.  It should be Nicol, as per the user profile.  

I know that the original name associated with the gmail account manager@... is Rochelle..., however I don't know how our Jira instance got that name or how to change the name.

manager1.pngmanager2.png

0 votes

Hi @Erika Wilson 

Organization administrators can change a managed account's full name. However, for administrators to be able to change the full name and email of a user, it's necessary to verify a domain, so proving that you own that domain, will allow you to change this information on behalf of the user.

If this is the case then you can edit the user’s name, job title, department, or location:

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com. Select your organization if you have more than one.

2. Select Directory > Managed accounts.

3. Select a user to open the managed accounts page.

4. Select Show more details.

5. To update a field, click its value, or select Click to enter value.

6. Select the tick button to save your change.

Alternatively, you can ask your user to go to: https://id.atlassian.com/profile/profile.action and change their name there.

Best regards,
Hamza

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events