Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I transfer a board to a client's account?

Hi,

Currently in the middle of a large collaborative development project, and we've descoped a large amount of work. I have tickets for this work sitting on my server, and at the end of the project, I'd like to transfer the entire board board (including completed work, comments, Zephyr test cases etc) over to my client's server.

Is this possible? 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Aug 29, 2022

Hi @Sarah Browne 

Did Chris's response answer your question?

0 votes
Chris Buzon Community Leader Jan 20, 2022

I don't think there is any easy way to do this, especially if you're not using the same license/versions/fields/settings/users/etc.

You can export tickets (CSV), but I suspect you'll lose a lot of the metadata.  You can't transfer boards themselves, but you can make identical ones in the new instance (manually). 

Zephyr does allow some import/export functionality as well, but I think that's going to be something you have to do 'manually'.

There are some other community leaders who are more experienced with the Jira API, so they might have solutions like scripting something with scriptrunner, but out of this box this is going to be a lot of work for you.

Chris Buzon Community Leader Jan 20, 2022

Also I should point out that 'server' can be misleading - if you're on cloud, as the tagging on this post suggests.  Actual Server versions of Jira are a totally different beast. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events