How do I track time of issues completed in a Story or an Epic?

I have JIRA setup so that everyone is tracking their time in the issues that they are working on. We use Stories and Epics to contain the issues and we have set the amount of time we want the Story and Epics to take and want to know how much of that is left by having any issues that are a part of the Epic or Story counted against them. 

Is this possible without the use of a paid plugin? I feel like this functionality should be pretty core to the Software Development tracking process.

1 answer

If you're using Time Tracking in JIRA (and have it mapped to your issue type/screen), you should see a roll-up of estimated time versus time spent and time remaining. See below:

timetracking.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,117 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you