How do I track time by subtask (rather that story) and assignee?

Samuel Parl July 28, 2015

Hey all, I have a few questions. We're using JIRA Agile such that we subtask stories and estimate the subtasks. This approach necessitates that we follow the burndown of subtasks rather than user stories. We also want to track cross-project agglomerated Time Remaining estimates by Assignee. Unfortunately, we're having trouble adapting the reports to our needs.

Can anyone help us figure that out? We've been trying to reach out to Expert companies but they seem to be overkill for the type of training/help we need and I've been having difficulty finding any native Atlassian support services. If there's some way of actually speaking to someone it would be very helpful to learn about it.

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2015

Restrict time being logged against story's (parents) and let the subtasks roll their time up in to the parent as normal.  I believe tempo has this option if you have it...

Suggest an answer