How do I stop automatic creation of confluence space when a new project is created?

Sumukha July 1, 2021

Hello,

When I create a new project in Jira, a confluence Space with name same as the project is automatically created. Is there a way to remove this 'automation'. I would like to create a confluence space only when I need by clicking on create space on Confluence site.

I am using cloud version with standard plan.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Sumukha

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi Sumukha,

That's definitely not default behavior.

Any chance someone in your company automated this with a plugin or a custom script?

kind regards,

Charlie

Sumukha July 1, 2021

Hey Charlie,

Thank you for your reply.

That's a possibility. How can I find out if there is a custom script/Plugin running? 

Best Regards,

Sumukha

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Well there is no single place to look in Jira. It could even be a script running on a server regularly. You could hope someone docmented this somewhere.

First of all check for any apps that might do this in Jira. I'm thinking about ScriptRunner for example. This app would be the ideal candidate to achieve this. It has a feature called script listener that could do that.

Check if you have automation rules that might create the space

Check webhooks.

Sumukha July 9, 2021

Thank you, Charlie!

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

Hi Sumukha,

Out of curiosity: were you able to identify from where the spaces are being created?

0 votes
Naomi August 3, 2023

While this is an older thread, I would like others who are researching to understand that this is expected behavior.

Atlassian has implemented an option to disable this with the on-prem/self-managed editions of Jira (per https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6709).

With reference to Cloud edition, this change request is still gathering interest as of this writing:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8221

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events