Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I stop Jira Cloud Migration

I kicked off a Migration job yesterday morning at 9am for 7 projects.  5 failed with "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Export of data of project xxx failed, please check export log for more details."

The 6th has been running for over 17 hours.  How do I stop it so I can view the logs?

3 answers

I don't know how to stop the migration but may be able to help with the original error.

I experienced the same error migrating a bunch of projects from server to cloud.

2 migrations failed between the end of user/group checking and the start of actual ticket migration (after, I guess, pre migration checks). All migrations reported "Partial migration" but showed 0% and no artefacts of the project were migrated.

I tracked it down to a series of custom post-functions on the workflow of the affected projects where the admin had set the resolution of a ticket during certain transitions to an ID that couldn't be resolved on the cloud system (e.g. "-1"). Removing these allowed the offending projects to be re-migrated and the custom post-functions reinstated using JSU.

I have the same issue... just spinning and spinning... 

You should raise an issue to the support https://support.atlassian.com/contact , only them have the access to the application logs and can guide you on what could have gone wrong

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

34 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you