How do I stop Jira Cloud Migration

slarsen July 5, 2020

I kicked off a Migration job yesterday morning at 9am for 7 projects.  5 failed with "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Export of data of project xxx failed, please check export log for more details."

The 6th has been running for over 17 hours.  How do I stop it so I can view the logs?

3 answers

0 votes
James Newland March 28, 2022

I don't know how to stop the migration but may be able to help with the original error.

I experienced the same error migrating a bunch of projects from server to cloud.

2 migrations failed between the end of user/group checking and the start of actual ticket migration (after, I guess, pre migration checks). All migrations reported "Partial migration" but showed 0% and no artefacts of the project were migrated.

I tracked it down to a series of custom post-functions on the workflow of the affected projects where the admin had set the resolution of a ticket during certain transitions to an ID that couldn't be resolved on the cloud system (e.g. "-1"). Removing these allowed the offending projects to be re-migrated and the custom post-functions reinstated using JSU.

0 votes
Rob Peterson October 15, 2021

I have the same issue... just spinning and spinning... 

0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2020

You should raise an issue to the support https://support.atlassian.com/contact , only them have the access to the application logs and can guide you on what could have gone wrong

Suggest an answer