How do I sign up for Jira?

David Leberfinger January 10, 2022

I've been trying to sign up for the free cloud version, however whenever I put in my website name, I just get this error.

"It's taking longer than expected to get you started. Please check your inbox to see if the order has completed successfully, or contact us."

I have checked my inbox and my spam folder. Nothing I can see from Atlassian other than community related emails.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @David Leberfinger 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

Have you tried to setup Jira Cloud Instance via this URL

https://www.atlassian.com/try/cloud/signup?bundle=jira-software&edition=free

Status shows all good (https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/) and you should be able to get up and running with the new site

Confirm once with navigating to admin.atlassian.com to verify whether your site is created!!

Thanks,
Pramodh

David Leberfinger January 10, 2022

I went to Admin.atlassian.com and it looks like that was all I had to do, from there I went to add a product. That sign up link is misleading and wouldn't actually allow me to create a Jira account. 

Thank you for the help.

Like Pramodh M likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Yeah!! Sometimes the browsers are crazy too!!

Glad it was of help 🙂

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

@David Leberfinger Have you tried using a different name?  I am wondering if the name you are using is already in use or has a reserve character in the name.  

Suggest an answer