How do I share Issues with other Project Boards?

Julie Reviglio June 30, 2022

I still relatively new to Jira and I am trying to organise sharing of issues between project boards.

For example: We have a Project for our Sales Department (let's call this A) and on the board is a sales campaign (call this issue 1). When it reaches a certain stage of processing and moves to a particular column (in this case the column is labelled Rebate), I need the issue to appear on our Accounts Department Project Board. This will then start our account departments processing and invoicing the rebate. When it reaches the end of the Rebate board column (labelled Invoiced), I need that issue to go back to the original board in the Sales Department to finalise that particular promotion.

Is this something that can addressed easily? And how would I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

HI @Julie Reviglio ,

You can do this but this is not how the boards are usually used. However, the boards are flexible in order to accomplish this. It means the boards that are created would not necessary be tied to projects, otherwise account department project can't see the sales department project.

See posting to steer you to the right direction:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-manage-multiple-projects-in-a-single-board-under-new-JIRA/qaq-p/661120

It will come down to how the status, columns, and filters are set up on the boards.

-Ben

Julie Reviglio June 30, 2022

Thank you so much for this info - big weekend reading and applying

Like Benjamin likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events