How do I set permissions for Greenhopper to only have certain individuals move items up or down in the backlog?

Pintu Sethi August 14, 2013

I would like to only allow certain folks (not types of folks) to move issues up or down in the backlog. How do I only allow specific folks do this?

As a follow-up question - I would like them to provide (either a comment or something else) that will help me track WHY the move was done (either up or down).

Thanks!

Pintu

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Simple Google.. Sometimes i wonder whether people are too lazy..

You can only rank issues if you have the 'Schedule Issue' permission for the issue you want to move higher or lower on your board.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Ranking+an+Issue

John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

Sometimes I wonder why people bother to answer questions on a Q&A board if they are going to be condescending. And you get a downvote for only barely answering the question anyway.

0 votes
Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2014

Because of chaotic and accidental moving of issues, I've created a Scheduler role which gives the user Scheduling permissions.

Your second question was how do you force the Scheduler to include a comment on why, well, since you aren't changing the issue's State (you're only editing a field), you can't force that. To force the comment you'd lose the ability to drag/drop the issue for changing it's rank.

0 votes
Pintu Sethi August 15, 2013

Thanks, Tim. Do you have a link or explanation of how to track the rank changes using the rank custom field?

0 votes
Pintu Sethi August 14, 2013

Thanks, Tim. So, basically, if I have this permission set - there are not only those with this permission that can do it, but also administrators? This is not what I want. Is there a workaround?

That wasn't the only question though - how do I make sure that the changes are tracked?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2013

This is not what I want. Is there a workaround?

Based on the configurations you set, you can achieve what you want.

how do I make sure that the changes are tracked?

You should be able to track the rank changes using the Rank custom field.

John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2014

Remove the admins from the field that configures who can rank issues, only include the groups of the people specifically identified as allowed to rank issues.

Suggest an answer