How do I set Create Board permissions

Arlene February 17, 2020

How do I give Create Board permissions a user?

The project is NOT next-gen and it is not obvious why the permission is missing (permission helper was not helpful in this instance). User has JIRA and project admin rights but not board admin rights for the existing board.

I looked for "Create Shared Objects" global permissions mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/permissions-overview-764478244.html but I could find no such permission

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2020

This is controlled under the global permissions under Jira settings - managing-global-permissions 

Tanveer Zubair December 12, 2023

I believe "Create Shared Objects" is only available in Server version, not in cloud version of Jira.  Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2023

That is correct. The available permissions are listed under Project settings > permissions. There is not an option specifically for board  create. There is a suggestion (JRACLOUD-75841) for this. You can control who can share filters, boards, dashboards globally via system settings > global permissions.

Suggest an answer