How do I search now?

Jennifer Graham January 1, 2018

I am looking at thousands of 'Issues' and am unable to search in the title.   It used to be there, a big search box, and I could search by number/text to find the 'Issue' or 'Task' immediately.  Now there seems to be no way to find items by searching inside the title anymore.   Every search criteria in the world is in there, except title (or Key, as the column appears to be named). 

I think I will have an easier time manually typing in URLs.  

I wish you would change it to be able to search by title again, at the top, in a primary location, regardless of whether it's an issue or task or whatever.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2018

Hello,

I guess by title you mean the summary field. You can go to advanced search and type

summary ~ searchcriteria

It would find all issues with the searchcriteria in the summary field. You can use asterix as a wildcard.

Or if you are in the basic search then look for an input field after filter fields. You can type there a search criteria and all issues which have the search criteria in the summary, description or in a comment will be shown.

There is also an input field in the upper-right corner which has more extended functionality. You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/searching-for-issues-764478280.html

Jennifer Graham January 2, 2018

Hi!   I mean the column named 'Key' which contains the title or name of each issue. 

(I am still astonished that they removed the perfectly good search box that I used before, and that after 20 years of searching Google, I should now need a tutorial to search Jira.)

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

Are you on Cloud?

Yes, Atlassian hosts our Jira.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2018

I see. Then there is the new UI experience. I do not use it. In the old UI experience the field still exists.As far as I know there are means to switch the new UI experience to the old one

Ah you solved this for me, I found the 'Turn it off' button.
Thanks so much!  :)

Suggest an answer