How do I release using Kanban with Next Gen and make tickets disapear from the board?

Jennifer Greyling January 13, 2020

Hi, I used Kanban before and it used to have a button in the Board to release.  Once released, the tickets that were DONE were removed from the Board.  With Next Gen, I don't see the option to release.  So I tried adding a Fix Version to each ticket, moved those tickets to DONE, and then released from the Releases menu, but the tickets still remain in the board.  How can I make them go away?  Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @Jennifer Greyling

To answer your question: How can I make them go away?

On next-gen Kanban boards, the issues that reach the DONE column will 'disappear' after 2 weeks. This is not configurable at this point in time.

The alternative, to gain a little more control, is to add sprints.

Jennifer Greyling January 14, 2020

Thanks!  I hope this can be configured soon :-)

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi Jennifer - you might refer to this other post for guidance:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-you-manage-releases-on-next-gen-boards/qaq-p/914518

There short of is that there is no way to do releases right now on Next-gen boards. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020
Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

Suggest an answer