Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I release using Kanban with Next Gen and make tickets disapear from the board?

Hi, I used Kanban before and it used to have a button in the Board to release.  Once released, the tickets that were DONE were removed from the Board.  With Next Gen, I don't see the option to release.  So I tried adding a Fix Version to each ticket, moved those tickets to DONE, and then released from the Releases menu, but the tickets still remain in the board.  How can I make them go away?  Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello @Jennifer Greyling

To answer your question: How can I make them go away?

On next-gen Kanban boards, the issues that reach the DONE column will 'disappear' after 2 weeks. This is not configurable at this point in time.

The alternative, to gain a little more control, is to add sprints.

Thanks!  I hope this can be configured soon :-)

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Jan 13, 2020

Hi Jennifer - you might refer to this other post for guidance:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-you-manage-releases-on-next-gen-boards/qaq-p/914518

There short of is that there is no way to do releases right now on Next-gen boards. 

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,349 views 22 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you