How do I print tasks in a specific sprint?

Andrew Thompson December 13, 2012

It would be very useful to be able to print all the subtasks for a sprint (not the stories)... to be used on the wall. I cannot see an option to print anything in card form, though I do see from some random posts that it might be possible. Does it require another plugin?

4 answers

1 vote
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

One solution is to export your subtasks to Excel, you can do this by viewing the boards tasks in the issue navigator or running some JQL there. Exporting to excel is available via the View menu. Henrik kniberg has made an index generator available then which you can use to print out the issues on cards.

Andrew Thompson December 17, 2012

I like the excel solution, dissappointed Greenhopper doesn't support it. I can't do proper JQL on the Sprint field however, so the only solution is exporting all tasks from all sprints, then manipulating the data (there is a Sprint field, but JQL doesn't support queries on it... not sure why or what the data type must be - seems to be free text)

Andrew Thompson December 17, 2012

One other thing to be wary of is that the Sprint field is not populated until the sprint starts, so you have to click "Start Sprint" before doing the cards.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2012

Sprint is added to the cards only after it starts, since till the time the sprint starts, it is not definite whether the story will be in that sprint.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2016

If you know the sprint name, you can get the sub-tasks of the issues assigned to that sprint using a JQL query.

When you have that list in Issue Navigator, you can export those to customizable story cards with the PDF View Plugin. (It has several customizable PDF templates, one of which is to export story cards.)

0 votes
Peter Bittner February 6, 2015

We've found the video "Printing Post-It Notes from JIRA" by Atlassian on YouTube.

It shows a developer demonstrating a software running on http://localhost:8200/kanban-scheduler/postItNotePrinter/index (i.e. supposedly some Java software, probably using Apache FOP under the hood, running locally on the developer's machine). The software prints 6 user stories onto an A4 sheet of paper with Post-It! sticky notes.

Unfortunately, there is no information in the video's comments on where to find the software, whether it's publicly available or not, etc. Even worse, comments are closed for the video.

• Does anyone know anything more about that piece of software?
  • Does anyone know where to get the A4 sheets with integrated Post-It! sticky notes?
0 votes
Flying Agile
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2014

For specific sprint (in sprint view and also board view) you can print cards using Agile Issue Printer plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.flyingagile.jira.plugin.aip

Suggest an answer