How do I link tickets of a existing project to a newly created project's backlog?

Gaurav Joshi April 24, 2019

There are 2 projects

1. Existing project

2. New project

I want to link tickets of my existing Project to my newly created project's backlog.

3 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

Hello @Gaurav Joshi 

Your description is ambiguous.

Because as per Jira terms, you can link issues(tickets) across projects if you have "Link isssue" permission in respective project.

Thus, it will be great if you elaborate more on what you need, may be with a screenshot. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

Hi Gaurav - Welcome to the Community!

Modify the filter for the new board to contain both projects. project in (project 1, project 2)

That will show you all issues from both projects. 

0 votes
Patrick Ricciardi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2019

I am not sure if you are referring to Linking tickets by the jira definition, or if you just want to see them in the backlog..

If you mean Link tickets in the Jira way you enter the link dialog and choose the link type, and then the tickets will be linked to each other.

Otherwise, you would edit the Scrum/Kanban board to include both the existing project and the new project in the general setting for the board. Board Settings -> General -> Edit Filter Query.

pat

Suggest an answer