How do I link issues in a Next Gen Project?

Robbie Stobart March 20, 2019

JIRA's core server product has a linked issues field by default (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-issue-linking-861253998.html).

In Next Gen, this field isn't available. Has anyone replicated 'linked issues' by creating a custom field (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/customize-an-issue-s-fields-in-next-gen-projects-951392551.html)? If so, how?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2019

Hi Robbie and welcome to Atlassian Community!

Next-gen projects were designed with the new issue view and to link issues you can click on the icon Screenshot 2019-03-21_10-07-30.png.

Screenshot 2019-03-21_10-06-30.png

Regards,
Angélica

Robbie Stobart March 21, 2019

D'oh! Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2019

You are always welcome Robbie.
Have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Angélica

Stacey Ward September 9, 2019

@Angélica Luz Hi! Are we able to link projects at an epic level? 

Thanks!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2019

Hi Stacey,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
I'm not sure if I got it right, but to link an issue to an epic you need to click on ... > Add parent.

Screenshot 2019-09-11_10-41-15-986.png

If that's not the case, can you give us more details about the feature that you need?

Regards,
Angélica

Micheal Planck January 27, 2021

This is great. But... how do you assign a story to an Epic while you are creating it?

Classic has an "Epic Link" field when you are creating the issue. NextGen does not.

I really do not want to create my issue and then go back and assign it's parent; I really want to create the issue with its parent in place.

Is this possible?

Micheal Planck January 27, 2021

In answer to my question; no, it is not possible. People have been complaining about it for at least a year and a half.

Suggest an answer