How do I keep tasks/bugs in the DONE column on an Agile work board?

On our work agile board, whenever we move a task to the done column it gets removed, meaning we can't see which tasks we have finished during the week. How can we change this setting so it's only removed when the project owner removes it, or closes the sprint?

3 answers

The issues (tasks/bugs etc) still exists, they just don't show up on the board. I can only find them through a search or direct link.

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Sep 14, 2013

Are you able to see the issue when viewing it directly?

A couple reasons why issues disappear from an Agile Board:

1. The issue is not mapped to a the status that the column represents
    1. You'll need to map statues to columns on your board
      1. You can do this in the configure menu of your board
      2. Select "columns" on the left, and check to see what UNMAPPED STATUES you have
    2. I've learned that what my workflow calls "done" another workflow might call "finished" and unless I map that "finished" status to my "done" column, my board will not pick up the issue
  2. A particular filter is filtering out the issue
    1. I've no steps to share here.  Just do some digging in the "general" section of your board's configuration.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

13,585 views 16 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you