How do I install my license?

Paul Curtis January 24, 2018

I have installed a copy of the jira server. After a while it tells me that I need to buy a license. I buy a starter license. The instructions on how to install a license are incorrect. I can get to the admin search. When I type in license the only option is Versions and licences. I select Versions and Licenses. That takes me to a page that has my current license and no way to install a license. Clicking on the help link sends me to a 404 page. Clicking on support leads me here. How do I install my license?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

When you go to "versions and licences", look at the line that has your "current licence".

It has a pencil icon next to it.  Although you can also click on just the string that is the first few letters in the key too.  That gives you a text box with your whole old licence key.  Paste the new key in there.

Paul Curtis January 24, 2018

That is what I tried the first time. Doing that once gets me to a login screen. When I logged in it dumped me back to the license page with no change. I assumed that I had failed at updating the license. Doing it a second time succeeded.

Thanks

Suggest an answer