How do I grant an external customer access to just one Next-gen software project (Cloud)?

MPPIglobal Configuration Support September 16, 2020

We have Service Desk, Confluence, and Software products in the cloud.  We would like to work with a particular client in a more collaborative way by sharing the Next-gen software project with them so they can comment and add new tasks as we go.

There account is already a service desk portal only user and I still want them to have this access as a customer.

I'm struggling to see how to best set this up so they can have access to the portal and just the single Next-gen software project.

Any help appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

So you should be able to give the client a jira user account and ensure they are not in any groups or roles that might be used in project permissions. Then in the single NG project give them project access. What have you specifically attempted?

Can someone have both a jira user account and be a service desk portal user with the same email account?

I saw the migrate option from service desk user to jira user account but this did not give the desired result.

Alternatively, I can see that my Standard Plan advertises that Anonymous access is a feature.  Does this apply to the next-gen projects?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

Migrate is the correct path. What did not work for you when you did that? A Jira user can be a customer of a JSD project and a user of a software project with fill access.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events