• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I get the To Do column back?

The instructions for configuring columns talks about mapping statuses to columns, which makes perfect sense, except that there is nowhere on my screen to map statuses to any columns. When I set up this Kanban board, I was prompted to create a Kanban backlog. But now there is nothing in the To Do column, and my board only shows In Progress and Done. I want a to do column of the stories assigned to me, to be visible next to that In Progress Column. 

3 answers

0 votes
Thomas B Community Leader Mar 29, 2019

Hi @Amy Cate ,

1. Go to your Board > Configure > Columns
  2. You can map any status to any column. Generally you would map columns in order of workflow
  3. Just click 'Back to board' and your changes should be saved!

P.S. There is an 'Add Column' option, you can always add more columns. Any Unmapped Statuses are shown under 'Unmapped Statuses"

workflow-columns.PNG

Thanks

~Thomas

Thanks. I did see those instructions in the online help.

Step 2 is where I am stuck.  I see the Add column button.  I click the add column button. A column is added. I cannot see where I can map any statuses to that column. Or any column.

Thanks,

Amy

Thomas B Community Leader Mar 29, 2019

@Amy Cate you just drag the statuses into the columns. Let me know if that works. 

I'm sorry but no, that does not work. There are no statuses to drag anywhere.

Thomas B Community Leader Mar 31, 2019

Sounds like your project isn't associated with the workflow you created? Can you check your Project Settings and make sure the Workflow is assigned correctly? If you have a screenshot, might help out. 

It is associated. It put all the statuses that I want to have in a to do column into a separate backlog page that I can’t see on my board. I want them available on a to do column next to the in progress colum. I also want columns on my board that are labeled different than the workflow statuses in the projects. I’m pulled no from several other teams projects and they have different statuses.  

John Funk Community Leader Apr 01, 2019

Can you send a screenshot of your Board Settings like the one Thomas provided above?

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Mar 31, 2019

Hey Amy,

Can you provide a screenshot so we can see what you are looking at? And if your status is not in the list on the far right hand side, then I agree with Thomas - the project associated with the Board is not associated with the workflow that contains the statuses you are expecting to see. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,116 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you