How do I get my stories with sub-tasks to appear in the correct swim lane?

Melissa Smith September 5, 2013

Issue: My stories appear spread out accross every column on my planning board regardless of the status they are in.

I have two separate work flows (one for sub-tasks and one for stories)

1 answer

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2013

Greetings!

On the surface this looks like a swimlane. A swimlane is a horizontal categorisation of issues in Work mode on a board. Please check that you didn't inadvertently set that story to a swimlane.

1. Select Agile > Manage Boards from the top navigation bar, then click the Configure link corresponding to the board of interest.
  2. Click the Swimlanes tab.
  3. In the 'Base Swimlanes on' drop-down, select either Queries, Stories, Assignees or No Swimlanes, as described above.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+Swimlanes

Hope this helps! :)

Malik Graves-Pryor April 14, 2014

Hi Jason,

That solution fails when you have many stories and each story has many sub-tasks in it. That becomes very difficult to manage visually.

Ideally the stories header would stay the same and it would transition from one column to the next.

Or, at the least, put the story status in the same information line so you can get it at a quick glance.

These have been requested in Atlassian's JIRA setup but it doesn't appear as if any progress has been made.

Sincerely,

Malik Graves-Pryor

Suggest an answer