How do I get all created, observed, assigned issue for currentuser in a filter ?

Thomas NICOLAS June 16, 2021

I would like to have a filter that gathers all created, observed, assigned tickets for a user. 

I tried the following query but it doesn't work :

watcher = currentUser() OR assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser()  

The result of watcher = currentUser() is 104 tickets.

The result of assignee = currentUser() is 4 tickets.

The result of reporter = currentUser() is 34 tickets.

But when i try to "sum" all theses queries, the result of it is only 105 tickets when i expect it to be 104 + 4 + 34 = 142 tickets.

Can you guys please help me and tell me what is wrong with my query ?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

@Thomas NICOLAS, how are you ?

In this regard, you should consider that normally

- Reporter can be watcher of a request

- Assignee can be watcher of a request

At this point there would be 38 issues as a watcher from the beginning If you want to test you could use JQL bellow

watcher = currentUser() AND !( assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser())

The result will probably be 67 issues, as in this JQL we are excluding everything that the currentUser is not assignee or reporter

Thomas NICOLAS June 17, 2021

Hi Carlos, thanks a lot for your answer.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

It could be that the current user is in multiple fields such as Assignee watcher or reporter

Thomas NICOLAS June 16, 2021

Indeed it makes sense... Thank you very much for your help :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events