How do I get a link to a sprint in the backlog?

Paul Pietryka April 22, 2015

I have a bunch of sprints created in the backlog and I want to send links to specific sprints but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. Is there?

2 answers

1 vote
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

If you hover over the three dots to the right of the Future Sprint you can see the SprintId showing on the Browser status bar. Note, the full url showing is not useful as it returns JSON.

It would be great if one could build a url which would open the Backlog with all sprint collapsed except the one you want expanded, but there is no way to do that. I opened an issue for this: JRASERVER-66960

The only alternative to get a url for each sprint is to save the individual queries for each sprint to their own filterid.

Jud Valeski September 14, 2018

uh. this makes no sense. how is there not a canonical URL to something as contained and discrete as a Sprint?!?

Like Deleted user likes this
Brandon Hite March 28, 2019

You can also copy the URL generated when you use the Sprint field in an issue. This has a `GoToBoard` URL that presents the different project boards that are part of the sprint. It's not ideal, as it doesn't present all issues for a given sprint, but it does at least serve as a way to jump into the project of interest.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

You can share a JQL query made in the Issues section.

Query: Sprint = sprint_ID

Click on Share or send the URL to the users you want to share to.

Paul Pietryka April 23, 2015

Thanks Nicolas but how do I get the sprint ID?

Deleted user July 20, 2020

Tried this. The sprint ID is some random integer. (In the advanced search I could only select completed sprints.)

Suggest an answer