How do I fix viewing attachments in JIRA Software?

Fadi Asfour August 2, 2017

Clicking on thumbnails of attachments used to display the full image. It currently does not work. This occurs for all attachments.

No errors in jira/logs/catalina.out; however, inspecting the page revealed that fileviewer.js is missing:

Uncaught Error: No fileviewer.js                batch.js?locale=en-UK:19

Uncaught Error: No jira/fileviewer/module-backend/asynchronous   batch.js?locale=en-UK:19

What could the issue be?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Are you using a reverse proxy?  What are you hosted on? What version are you using?

Yes we're using a reverse proxy, using apache as the web server, hosted on a VPS using gentoo. 

Versions:  JIRA Core 7.4.1; JIRA Software 7.4.1; JIRA Service Desk 3.6.1

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Does it do the same thing in all browsers after clearing cache?

Yes, and on different platforms. Could there be an issue on the server side, i.e., Is there a plugin cache I need to clear out?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2017

I had a similar issue before and when I traced it in the JavaScript it ended up being an IIS issue with Byte range request.   I was able to confirm is by running JIRA without the reverse proxy.  Are you able to run jira without the proxy and confirm you are not having the issue.

Still running into the same issue without the proxy.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2017

Then it sounds like it is a different issue then what I have.  I would try clearing plugin cache and restarting the JIRA service to see if it resolves the issue.  I 

Thank you. How would one clear out the plugin cache?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2017

To delete/clear the JIRA plugin cache if you get random plugin behaviour:

1. Stop the JIRA instance
  2. Delete JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins and JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins (just these two)
  3. Restart JIRA

Thanks ... deleted those directories, didn't help. I've also upgraded jira software & service desk, and still the same issue.

Andrew February 28, 2018

Hi @Brant Schroeder,

Did you ever get a resolution to this? We have started getting this issue since the most recent update.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Andrew.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2018

Atlassian fixed the issue and after upgrading the issue went away.  What version are you on?

Andrew February 28, 2018

We are on the latest release, v7.8.0, and it started happening after we upgraded to this version. I've contacted support but so far nothing helpful has been forthcoming.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2018

Are you running on Linux or Windows?

Andrew February 28, 2018

We are running on Linux.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2018

have you checked the logs to make sure that everything started properly?

Andrew March 1, 2018

@Brant Schroeder - Found out what it was, it was the Toggl plugin causing the issue. They release a fix today. Thanks.

Suggest an answer