How do I filter issues where I am selected as "colleague"?

Dominique January 14, 2021

We tried to assign a task to two people, which does not work. I already found the "How do I assign issues to multiple users" article. But I do not find it very handy. 

So we thought assigning someone as colleague is a nice workaround. Unfortunately I can not filter issues for "where am I assigned as colleague". At least I can not find it in the whole wide internet ;) 

Specific: How can Max look up the issues where he is assigned to as a colleague?

Does anyone have an advice for me?

BR, DominiqueJira.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

@Dominique ,

Perhaps a bit of a side question. That colleague/those colleagues will they also work on the ticket or is this more a "lets" keep them in the loop?

For both you could also work differently:

• If they also work on the ticket you could consider working with group assignments. You can set up a functional group if they all work in the same team and have the person that's currently working on it be the assignee (or just ignore the assignee and work only as a team)
  • if it's just to keep them in the loop, consider the watchers() functionality

Its more of: both laywers are needed to review a document. where in tha case th group would be handy.

Thanks or your answer :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

my personal preference here is create a sub-task for each reviewer and assign to them. when both sub-tasks closed then the task can automatically be closed. You can also consider using a checklist addon but it doesn't really address the assignee as well as sub-tasks.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

Or multiple approvers :) guess it all depends on the use-case and the overhead that we want to create..

I'm still hoping for someday we can have a workflow within a workflow (like a subprocess) to handle these things. A guy can dream right :D

Like Dominique likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

Hi @Dominique , welcome to the Community. It appears that Colleague is a custom field. Here is a JQL suggest to get you started....

"colleague" = currentuser()

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

so if you wanted to see all open issues assigned to your + 'co-assigned' it would be....

assignee = currentuser() OR "colleague" = currentuser() AND statuscategory != done

Like # people like this

Thanks for your answer :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders