How do I edit a greenhopper board filter when i'm not the board owner?

Carl Fischer January 23, 2013

Even with full Jira admin rights when I go to a greenhopper board that I did not create I'm unable to save changes to it's filter query.

Steps to repro:

1. From the Agile menu select a board that you did not create

2. Select Tools... Configure

3. Click View in Issue Navigtor to see the filer in the query editor

4. Change the query

5. Click Search to verify the results are as desired

expected

The panel on the left should change to include a "Save" option as it does when following the same steps on a greenhopper board that I created.

observed

The panel on the left changes to include "Filter modified since loading" and allows "Create New filter from current" but it does not allow saving changes to the current filter.

Running greenhopper 6.1.1 / Jira 5.1.6

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Unfortunately this is the way JIRA has implemented permissions. I believe as an admin you can take ownership of the filter then modify it somehow, but I'm not 100% sure of the process.

Cheers,
Shaun

Carl Fischer January 24, 2013

thx for the quick answer Shaun. I was able to change the owner of the filter to myself and make the change. not a long term answer in my case as we want to allow a group of people (ie product owner, dev leads) the ability to modify that filter over time.

following https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Shared+Filters was sufficient to understand how to change the owner. yay docs!

Suggest an answer