How do I download the latest version of JIRA Agile as a current customer of JIRA and JIRA Agile?

Lisa Evans November 13, 2013

I am a current customer of JIRA and JIRA Agile. Where can I download the latest version of JIRA Agile for my development environment?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013
Just go to "manage add-ons" in your admin section and see if you need to update.
Lisa Evans November 13, 2013

It's not there. I can see the licenses in my.atlassian.com, but when I click the "download" link for a license, I get the marketplace page and I don't see any add-ons there. I'm not the one who originally downloaded.

Like Mukhtarali likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2013

You don't download a licence, you get the key in the licence page on the my.atlassian.com account and paste it into the licence box once Agile is installed.

Justin is correct about where and how you "download" the plugin - go to "manage addons" in admin and look there. If you have the plugin installed, it will be there, and noted as needing an update if it's an old version. If you don't have it installed, type "Agile" into the search box and click to install it.

Lisa Evans November 14, 2013

They are not in the "Manage Add-ons" section of my marketplace account. My account wasn't the original account that did the download. I was added as a technical contact for each of the licenses, so I can see the "download" link under each license. This download link is not for the license, it's for the software/plugin and it takes you to the marketplace where you can download, but there's no where to download if you are a current customer. Note that this works for JIRA, but no other plugin/add-on.

Lisa Evans November 25, 2013

Justin, it was a misunderstanding. Marketplace.atlassian.com also has a page for "manage add-ons". I assumed this was what you meant. You are correct that you can download it through JIRA > Administration > Manage-Addons.

Here are Atlassian instructions for downloading JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/JIRA+Agile+Installation+and+Upgrade+Guide

The JIRA Agile Developer license is available via your My.Atlassian Account.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013
0 votes
Lisa Evans November 19, 2013

This is a work around: Download the evaluation copy through JIRA manage add-ons and get a developer license for it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2013

That's not a workaround - there is no "evaluation copy", you're using the installed one that you could have added via the marketplace.

Suggest an answer