How do I display the status of a story on the scrum board?

SeanM October 3, 2014

When looking at Story items in the backlog, I want to be able to see the Status of each story.  "Ready for grooming", "Ready for sprint", etc.  But I haven't found a way to display Status on the Agile board I use (Agile board, Plan view).

Versions and Epic display, so currently I'm using the Version field as a workaround to track story ‘readiness’ in relation to priority in the backlog.

Consequently, since my backlog contains Stories from multiple projects, I've got to create the same "status-as-version" versions for each project.  It's a kludge and tends to messy things up.

How do I get the Status to show up on the scrum board?  Ideally in a manner similar to how Epic and Version are displayed now.  But anything would help.

Note: Status does display in the side panel if I select a particular Story, but I want/need to be able to see the statuses for all Stories at the same time.  Again, similar to Epic and Versions.

Version-as-Status.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2014

Hey Sean,

JIRA Agile 6.6 has a new feature called Card Layout which allows you to display upto 3 custom or system fields on the card in plan/word mode. Take a look at the description in this issue here for more info.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-3922

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer