How do I display the status of a story on the scrum board?

When looking at Story items in the backlog, I want to be able to see the Status of each story.  "Ready for grooming", "Ready for sprint", etc.  But I haven't found a way to display Status on the Agile board I use (Agile board, Plan view).

Versions and Epic display, so currently I'm using the Version field as a workaround to track story ‘readiness’ in relation to priority in the backlog.

Consequently, since my backlog contains Stories from multiple projects, I've got to create the same "status-as-version" versions for each project.  It's a kludge and tends to messy things up.

How do I get the Status to show up on the scrum board?  Ideally in a manner similar to how Epic and Version are displayed now.  But anything would help.

Note: Status does display in the side panel if I select a particular Story, but I want/need to be able to see the statuses for all Stories at the same time.  Again, similar to Epic and Versions.

Version-as-Status.jpg

1 answer

Hey Sean,

JIRA Agile 6.6 has a new feature called Card Layout which allows you to display upto 3 custom or system fields on the card in plan/word mode. Take a look at the description in this issue here for more info.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-3922

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,845 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you