How do I delete a board?

William Butler May 26, 2022

I cannot find a delete option for a board that I created on my project. I would like to delete this board. Can you point me to documentation?

https://policyco.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/APP/boards/1

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi William - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Go to https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/jira/boards

Then search for the board.

Click the 3 dots menu on the right and choose Delete. 

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Hi @William Butler

You need to click the search icon on the left sidebar and then click "View all boards". In the board list you can click on the menu button (3 dots) corresponding to your board. There's a delete button.

Regards

William Butler May 26, 2022

Fabian,

Thanks so much for your reply. I did see that description in another post, but I cannot seem to locate a search icon. I guess I would expect it to be a magnifying glass but just don't see that anywhere on my page. I'm certain I'm just overlooking it. Here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 5.36.58 PM.png

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

From " your work", go to the boards and then at the end you will see "view all boards".

Like Christopher.Deane likes this
Christopher.Deane May 26, 2022

Fabian is correct, but I personally find from a team lead/scrum master role, the "your work" menu tedious.
You can also get to the all boards page from the boards drop down on the left of your screen.

I have a number of boards in my team and also got tripped up when I first tried to delete a board :-)

Adding in some pics as "a picture is worth a thousand words". I find it much easier to see a couple of pictures and follow the highlights.

image.pngimage.png

Like Fabian Lim likes this
William Butler May 27, 2022

@Christopher.Deane @Fabian Lim

Thanks for your help! I'm not sure why I had such a hard time seeing the All Boards option before, but that did the trick. I'll add some feedback to the UX Team here to indicate the two ways I attempted to do this prior to knowing about this fix.

1. The top right menu on the board itself. This menu seems like a logical place to include a delete board menu option.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 8.47.56 AM.png

2. Clicking on the /Application/ breadcrumb

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 8.49.49 AM.png

To me, it seems intuitive that if the user clicks on the Application breadcrumb, it would take me out 1 level where I could see the boards (which might be the same endpoint as "Show All" Boards. Instead, clicking on the does nothing. Seems like an opportunity.

In any case, Thanks! I home this helps other new users. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer