How do I delete a board in the new JIRA UI?

Tod Kiryazov August 17, 2017

Hi there! I'm trying to delete a board. I know that in the old UI you could do it as described here  but in the new UI I can't find where to go to delete a board. Can you please help?

Thank you, 

Tod Kiryazov
Head of Product, Insurify

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

17 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

Maybe there is an easier way but you can search for "boards" using the search icon and click on the "View all boards" option.

That worked! Thank you 🙏

Laurens de Knijff October 4, 2017

Thanks! Didn't find any other way to do this!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

yep that appears to be the only way. sort of a pain but i guess i will get used to it. I'm going to accept this as the answer so it helps others.

Like David Friedman likes this
1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

you should be able to go to Boards>view all board and click the ellipses. 

Thanks, Jack! I don't see the boards in the menu. Should I enable it somehow?

Jeff Kehler October 12, 2017

I find no menu item anywhere, but I used secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa added to my company URL and it took me to the interface, so it is in there... just no obvious way to get there. Make a bookmark I guess?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2017

you click the search magnifying glass and look down and find boards and "view all boards" is there. just as was indicated in the accepted answer.

Jeff Kehler October 12, 2017

Great. I see it now. Thanks.

Callista Chuah December 6, 2017

Thanks for this! I would have never thought to go to a Search function to find 'View all boards'.

Trevor Mack
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

I also find this strange that from the board I want to delete I can't

Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2018

I have to access boards through my PROFILE!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2018

@Amy Biasella, if it is a business project that the board is associated with then that would explain why you access via your profile. boards can only have the "location" set to the project if it is a Software project. Regardless the board is fully functional even when located in your profile. Is there a issue you are having w/ boards associated to your profile?

Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2018

It's just not intuitive to me as a 8+ year user and JIRA admin. We have a handful of JIRA server instances and one cloud instance and it's annoying to switch between the two UIs.