How do I delete a board. Please add a screenshot. Press search button does not help

Andreas Köhler March 26, 2018

It might be intuitive for experienced users but I try to get things running with Jira and really struggle to get to the one single page or extended menue that allows me to delete a board.

It would be great if there would be some screenshot or a brief walktru with pictures.

Thanks a lot. This sadly takes far to much time to administer.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2018

If you look on the menu up top, go to Boards > View All Boards

Then click on the "..." for the board you want to delete and choose delete.

Andreas Köhler March 26, 2018

Thanks Nguyen,

but dummies like me need something like this as"menu up top" changes with where you are.

It is the search icon at the Jira Home level, not the projects, admin etc.

SG Jira Home.PNG

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2018

Argh sorry I thought you were on server.

Click here large.png

There should be a "View all boards" option.

caff_huang April 6, 2018

Can't say this is an user friendly design... After at least one hour's online searching finally I found this. Thanks! 

Andreas Köhler April 6, 2018

True. Every program can be used if there is someone doing it 8h/d. The menues often look quite similar but some essentual features can only be used when you know what to select in the right order. I do not set up a new project every week and tend to forget about this. Sometime a nuisance as there is little time for sifting through the tutorials to find the one important step I forgot about.

Suggest an answer