How do I default the "Priority" field drop down for my classic project?

Ryan Cabanas August 5, 2020

Hi,

I can't figure out how to set the default selection for the "Priority" field drop down in my classic project when I create a new Issue, or Sub-Task.  Right now, the "Priority" field drop down defaults to "High".  Anyone know how I can change this for my project?

p.s. - I do not want to handle this via a Post Function in the Create transition.  🙂  I want the actual drop down to show the desired default selection.

Thanks!

Ryan

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

Hi Ryan,

Go to Settings > Issues > Priorities

You can set the default there. 

Ryan Cabanas August 5, 2020

Hi John,

So I can only set the default value at a global level, then, correct?

Thanks,

Ryan

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

Correct

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2020

It has been awhile but I think you could use the Update Issue Field post function on the create transition for the workflow(s) in that project. It may need to be moved to the last post function in the list.

Ryan Cabanas August 6, 2020

@John Funk Thanks, John.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders