How do I customize Jira standard reports?

Deleted user December 6, 2021

I am a Jira Admin and trying to find a way how can I customize the standard reports offered by Jira Software (Cloud)? I got my permissions checked and I have the highest level of admin permissions in my company. I only found guidance on Atlassian for Jira Service Management, but not for Jira Software. Is this available? And if yes, where do I find it?

2 answers

2 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

If you are referring to the built in jira software reports there is not much you can do.  I recommend you visit the markerplace for reporting plugins where you can customize.

Marketplace partners will comment on the post.

Regards

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hello @[deleted] 

Welcome to the Jira community.

As @Fabian Lim there is not a lot of true customization available for the standard reports available with Jira Software. We will be better able to provide specific guidance if you provide specifics on your scenario.

Can you provide details on which report(s) you are trying to customize and/or your use cases? 

Also let us know if you are working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project. It will say which it is at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Deleted user December 6, 2021

Thanks for your answers! I would like to change some fields in the reports, as we for example don't use Story Points. I am in a company-managed project. I mainly would swap out fields to filter on. I am guessing that would also require to edit the query some cases.

Would you be able to advise on which plugins could I use for that?

Thanks,

Csilla

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

Can you provide details about which of the reports, specifically you want to modify and specifically what changes you want to make?

For example you said you don't use Story Points. If you are talking about the Burndown Chart for a sprint, those already have the option to switch between Story Points or Estimates for burndown charting.

I don't use any of the custom reporting apps, so I can't offer recommendations on which to use, but you can find many options in the Atlassian Marketplace for such apps:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=reports

You might want to add to the key word search based on your needs, such as "agile" reports.

You may also want to explore the Dashboard gadgets that are built in to Jira. You might find ones that satisfy some of your needs.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events