How do I control the maximum number of issues visible on a rapid board in JIRA 7.0/7.1

Terry Beavers February 15, 2016

We are testing an upgrade to JIRA 7.x from JIRA 5.1.7 (without JIRA Agile), but are experiencing major performance issues when attempting to view issues on a new Kanban board related to a project that has over 20,000 issues.  The problem is the new board is attempting to display all 20,000+ tickets, which of course causes a performance hit when attempting to load the board.

With that being said, is there a configuration setting to control the maximum number of issues to display on a rapid board?  I was looking for something similar to jira.search.stable.max.results, but could not find anything.

I was able to workaround the issue by creating a quick filter to only display issues that were Open/In Progress, basically anything that was NOT Closed, so that the board would load quicker, but obviously it would be better to be able to control the maximum number of issues displayed from a configuration setting instead of using quick filters.

I also understand that in most typical circumstances you will never have a huge number of issues in a Closed status on a rapid board, but I would still think there would be a configuration setting to control the maximum number.

Any help with this issue would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for your support,

Terry

1 answer

6 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hi @Terry Beavers,

We have the same issue on our instance and we solved it by adding this query to the Kanban sub-filter: " NOT (status in (Closed) AND updatedDate < -10d)" this query will hide closed request since more than 10 days. You can change the time and add more statuses like cancelled or rejected.

The second option is to "release" your kanban. In this way all 20,000 issues won't appear and you can start with a fresh kanban(only closed issues will disappear). And you could execute this exercise periodically.

Suggest an answer