How do I chnage the remaining time on the active sprint board?

Jael Benjamin December 20, 2017

How do I change the remaining time to 0 once an activity has been resolved?

2 answers

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Are you referring to the remaining time as displayed below?

remaining-time.png

Those are the number of days until the Sprint 'End Date', as displayed in the Backlog.

You can in-line edit the End Date by clicking on it:

sprint-end-date.png

You may need to refresh the Active Sprints page in order to see the updated remaining time.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

good question here. that isn't really remaining time but rather the end date for the sprint. however, it may be what @Jael Benjamin is asking about.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

I agree the question might be a little bit ambiguous.

Not quite. When a subtask  is completed and moved to done, the remaining time for that issue is still shown and not set to 0. I am looking to figure out how to set the remaining time of a subtask to 0. @Ignacio Pulgar

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

So if there are incomplete issues the remaining time will not be zero. If all issues are complete (done) and the remaining time is not zero for each then you can filter on them and change the remaining time to zero. You can also set a rule in the workflow to set any remaining time to zero if they issue is transitioned to Done/Closed.

This is the answer I am looking for in reference to setting a rule in the workflow to set any remaining time to zero if the issue is transitioned to Done/ Closed. Could you provide screenshots on how to do this?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

add post function to the transition(s) to Done.

Transition__Done_-_JIRA.png

Hi @Jack Brickey any way you can provide a screen shot or flow of how you got to this screen. I clicked issues and it doesn't appear on the panel.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

are you an admin? it requires admin access....

project > Project settings > Workflow

edit the workflow associated and select the transition into Done. on the right you will see a link to Post Functions.

Jael Benjamin December 21, 2017

Thank You!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2017

you bet. if your issue is resolved please consider accepting the answer so that it will help others in the future.

Suggest an answer