How do I change the start date of past sprints?

Dan Sellars November 26, 2014

Hello,

I am having a problem with some of my past sprints where in my Velocity Chart the commitment is showing up as 0. I understand why this is happening in these sprints after looking at it. The sprint was started in the 'past' so all of the stories are showing up as a scope change.

This is because we do our planning on a white board (easier than all huddling over a laptop) then transfer that data to JIRA, sometimes this happens the day or so after the sprint 'started'. Ideally this is not the case but sometimes it just is. 

The same issue is discussed here https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/239837

So my question, is it possible to go and change the start date of these old sprints so that the velocity graph looks correct?

Also, is there any way to change this behaviour so that sprints can be started on a given day? it seems a bit awkward that there is a mix of being able to specify a start day in the past, but the stories that were added to the sprint before this show up as being added after due to the actual unmodifiable time they were added being used.

Best Regards,

Dan.

2 answers

0 votes
Dan Sellars November 26, 2014

Hi Andre,

Many thanks for your response.

Assuming you are a JIRA developer....

Are there any plans to change this?

If the date that a story is added to a sprint is set hard and fast as the time that it is added then why allow a sprint to be started in the past on the date picker at all?

Or why not set the 'added' date of the stories to be the sprint start time for stories that are already in it before starting? and only record the added time after the sprint is started? This was the behaviour I expecting.

Cheers,

Dan.

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2014

Hey Dan,

The only way to change the end date is directly via database (table AO_60DB71_SPRINT). Be sure to test this in a test environment first, just in case something goes wrong.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer