How do I change from transition to workflow status buttons at the top bar?

Yasemin Helmick January 25, 2018

I created a workflow with transitions.  When I create a new JIRA ticket, I see the transition names/labels but I want to see the Workflow statuses.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2018

You don't.  The buttons are named from the transition name.

If you want to use the target status name, that's fine, just rename the transitions to the name of the target status.

Yasemin Helmick January 30, 2018

Thank you!

0 votes
Larry Talley January 25, 2018

There is a Jira field "Status" and it can be displayed on Jira screens; my Jira is customized enough that I'm no longer confident what is displayed on an out-of-the-box Jira default screen.

But on my screens I do display "Status". But on the browse screen when looking at an issue the buttons to transition to a different status are labeled according to the transition names, not according to the Status that a button press would transition to.  I believe that this is by design and is probably not considered negotiable.

It's not hard to imagine a workflow where you would want different transition names that cause transitions to an identical state, depending on where the transition is coming from. 

In my experience I've been able to get what I want on the transition buttons by naming them carefully. You could make the transition names correspond to the status to which that transition will go.

Yasemin Helmick January 30, 2018

Thank you for your answer!

Suggest an answer