How do I change Greenhopper workflow

Craig Goulden February 26, 2013

I want to change the Greenhopper workflow to add transition rules and states, but in JIRA the Greenhopper Simplified Workflow says it is managed by Greenhopper and cannot be changed.

It looks to me that my original JIRA workflow edits (prior to Greenhopper) were taken into account when I enabled Greenhopper, but they are now not editable.

The documentation is vague on Greenhopper workflow editing it is under JIRA documention, and it seems from Greenhopper all bets are off. at least in 6.1.3.1.

Can someone tell me the basic steps to say, change the workflow so the Create Issue action results in a state of Backlog instead of the default To Do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2013

You need to swap the project back to using a Jira workflow scheme. It will then stop using the simplified workflow and use the workflows defined by your scheme. You can't change the simplified workflow.

Craig Goulden March 3, 2013

Thanks Nic.

Not really the answer I was looking for because it seems Atlassian are pushing for the Greenhopper Simplified Workflow as the standard going forward. I'll revert back to Jira.

Suggest an answer