How do I best/Is it possible to, setup GH with multiple scrum teams and one project?

saraponga November 27, 2011

We are using Jira (4.4.3), with one single project for our product. Within our product we have several components.

However, for each release we have several scrum projects running over several sprints, each scrum project with their own schedule. We would like to use GH for this but I fail so see how we can easily set this up. GH seem to assume that a jira project is also a scrum project. What should you do when you have serveral scrum projects within one jira-project?

2 answers

1 vote
Ganga_Selvarajah November 28, 2011

Hi,

We’re managing very well with Multiple Scrum teams within a single project in GreenHopper. Our scrum team structure look like this;

Unscheduled

Scheduled (Parent)

àTeam A

S15Team A (S15 = Sprint 15)

àTeam B

S12Team B

àTeam C

S10Team C

All three scrum team issues are automatically roll-up to “Scheduled”. This view give an option to see;

1) Overall project progress

2) Remaining Estimation

3) etc

Addition to above, the “Scheduled” is giving a option to manage your Task board.

For example; if I team member is working with multiple scrum team within a project. He/she is able to see their issues on task board very easily using with “Scheduled” version container.

saraponga December 4, 2011

I do see the benefits of a version-hierarchy like you describe, but I still wonder; doesn't it get overwhelming with 40+ "versions" for each release?

Darren Martz May 10, 2012

Do you then assign each story to a team and each task to a sprint?

0 votes
Ganga_Selvarajah December 5, 2011

It does, but periodically archive/merged all our closed sprints.

Having said, we all waiting for a sprint field be added in system.

Suggest an answer