How do I automatically move Stories to a new status when all tasks done?

Mark Chidlow January 15, 2015

At the moment when all tasks are completed there is the option to change the parent Story status to Done. I would like this to instead change the story to a new status that I define. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

You can always use post functions (like Update issues) on the task done transition to drive a transition on the Story condition on all the other issues are done (for instance, by constructing a suitable JQL that returns 0 issues when want the transition to proceed).

0 votes
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

The move to done on the story will transition the issue to a status that is considered ''Resolved'' (Green in workflow conifg). You can always continue the workflow from there, but for that you need to have different workflow for your stories and your subtask. 

Suggest an answer