How do I apply a license to an instance that won't start up

Andreas Mueller November 11, 2017

I am unable to apply my license information to the existing server 7.4.9. The installation function errors out. During the upgrade, the server ask for a current license.

Your current JIRA Software license doesn't allow you to upgrade to this version of JIRA (7.4.3). JIRA Software expired on 27/Aug/17 10:00 AM, and you can currently only upgrade to versions released prior to this date. Alternatively you can renew your license at my.atlassian.com (http://my.atlassian.com) which will allow you to upgrade to this version of JIRA (7.4.3). You can enter your new license here (/secure/ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense!default.jspa).

I created a file with the name ...  ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense!default.jspa and add the license information. This does not work.

What is the correct approach to fix the license update?

2 answers

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2017
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2017

Ah, that won't work part way through an upgrade. 

They need to paste the new licence into the box during the upgrade, or, stop everything and go back to the old system, where they can paste the licence in on the licence screen.  The database hack will also work, if you don't want to run the system to paste in the new licence.

Andreas Mueller November 13, 2017

Firstly, I was looking for this option but did not know in which table the license key was stored.  Thanks for your insight. I will keep this as a reference. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2017

Go to your Atlassian account at http://my.atlassian.com and find the new licence.  This will be a long string of what looks like junk in a text box with some details about when it expires etc.

Select and copy the long string.

Now go to Jira and click on the link it is giving you to /secure/Confirm....

You will be given a box to paste the licence into.

Andreas Mueller November 13, 2017

Thank you. It is exactly what I did. The issue was not with Jira upgrade, SeaMoney browser was unable to open the link given in the upgrade process. I had to use Mozilla Firefox to make it work. 

After 2 minutes, the link opened and I was able to past the license key. Thanks for your help.

Andreas

Suggest an answer