How do I add custom fields to a table?

Gianna Spitaliere May 24, 2021

In Jira, is there a way to add custom fields to any of the view tables (board, list, or issues)? I have just one custom value field (used to sort guide topics) and I am hoping to add it to a table for easier viewing, and possibly use it for sorting and filtering. 

2 answers

0 votes
Tapiwa Samkange September 23, 2022

Hi @Gianna Spitaliere - it seems there is some good news on this topic! I recently noticed that a custom field I had created eventually appeared in my list view. 

I carried out several tests and can confirm that the feature is now available in JWM. Please try it out for yourself. Each of the custom field types (Short text, Paragraph, Date, Number, Time stamp, Labels, Dropdown, Checkbox, People, URL) can now be added to the list view (please see the attachment). You may need to refresh your browser in the list view to see the custom fields that you add.

CreateField.JPGCustomFieldList.JPG

FYI  - all the fields below can be added to 'context' fields section of your issue type, except for paragraph. This field type remains in the 'description' section.

I hope this information helps.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Gianna Spitaliere 

What table are you referring to? Do you mean gadgets on a dashboard or a specific report?

Understanding this makes it easier tprovide the right answer.

Gianna Spitaliere May 24, 2021

Hi so I am talking about when you open a project and there are all of the items in the left-sided column that lead to different pages (list, board, calendar, timeline, forms, issues, reports, settings). Some of these lead to different tables of your issues and you can sort by different things like issue type, status, etc. I am hoping to add a custom field to any of these tables so I can sort by that value, or filter by it. 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

Thanks for the clarification @Gianna Spitaliere .

Unfortunately, there is no way to change or add custom fields to the list.

I would suggest raising a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com.

Some of the functionalities you want to change are currently not available and this project type is quite new.

Regards.

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2021

I create an issue, please vote: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76684 For me, the list view is useless without this possibility :( 

Tapiwa Samkange September 23, 2022

Hi @Gianna Spitaliere - it seems there is some good news on this topic! I recently noticed that a custom field I had created eventually appeared in my list view. 

I carried out several tests and can confirm that the feature is now available in JWM. Please try it out for yourself. Each of the custom field types (Short text, Paragraph, Date, Number, Time stamp, Labels, Dropdown, Checkbox, People, URL) can now be added to the list view (please see the attachment). You may need to refresh your browser in the list view to see the custom fields that you add.

CreateField.JPGCustomFieldList.JPG

FYI  - all the fields below can be added to 'context' fields section of your issue type, except for paragraph. This field type remains in the 'description' section.

I hope this information helps.

Like Ismael Jimoh likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events