How do I add additional VAST Id in Bulk?

Maureen Cooper December 1, 2021

I need to add an additional VAST id to over 600 User stories. I see I can change attributes in bulk but I don't want to change and existing attribute. Just need to add.

I went in and explored all the fields and activities available such as change existing, etc and didn't find any way to add in bulk.  I also trying searching the support pages etc.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

A bulk edit will work for changing a field from <empty> to <something>

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hello @Maureen Cooper 

Welcome to the community.

Is VAST a custom field? What type of field is it?

Can you provide a screen image of what you see?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2021

Depending on the type of field you are trying to update and what data it already contains, there may be a way to add the value through Bulk Update or through Automation Rules (available if you are using Jira Cloud hosting).

Maureen Cooper December 2, 2021

The actual field is labeled Impacted Applications(VAST) in a Key (Issue) user story. see belowVast id field screenshot.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2021

@Maureen Cooper 

Unfortunately that does not tell me the type of the field; i.e. Text (single line), Text (multi-line), Selection List (single choice), Selection List (multiple choice), Labels field, etc.

A Jira Administrator should be able to determine the type of the field.

Also, are you using a Cloud hosted or Server/Data Center version of Jira?

If you are using Cloud hosted, is the project a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left, in a Cloud hosted Jira instance.

Suggest an answer