How do I add a File to a Test

Antonio Francis February 8, 2018

I have created a Test and I added an Attachment to it and then I added it to the Test Cycle. When I go into the Test Cycle to Execute the Test Attachments (executions) is empty. Where is my File that I originally attached as when I execute the Test Case I want to be able to open my Attachment.

Thanks,

Tones. 

4 answers

0 votes
Michael Blum February 12, 2020

Will this feature implemented in the near future? So that the attachments that were added in the test case are also visible in the test player?

0 votes
Antonio Francis February 10, 2018

Thank you for your suggestions.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

Jira does not have that functionality.  You'll need to explain which testing add-on you have.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

Hi Antonio,

I assume, you are using an app for your test cycle environment. Which app is the question about?

I am using Jira.

1. Test.PNG2. Test.PNG3. Test.PNG4. Test.PNG5. Test.PNG

I created a Test then added it to a Test Cycle.

I want to add an attachment so I go into the Test Case and add an attachment. It's uploaded.

I then go back to the Test Cycle to execute the Test Case E. Inside there is no attachment. Where has the attachment gone?

Suggest an answer