Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I add 'Remaining Estimate' as a field in the issue?

Hi,

I can't figure out how to add the 'Remaining Estimate' Field in an issue...

- I added 'Time Tracking' in the Screen configuration

- In the board settings, in the estimate tab, I enabled 'Remaining Estimate and Time spent' and selected 'Original Time Estimate' for the estimation statistic.

- I can see the field 'Original Estimate' but not 'Remaining Estimate' on the issue.

We also use Tempo where the remaining estimate is usually set, but I would like to change it directly on the issue.

I added the remaining estimate on the card layout (in the board settings), so it is somewhere but not as a field.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I think you may have to enable Time tracking in the Issue features. Also check the permission scheme to enable the Work on Issues permission.

More info here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-time-tracking-818578858.html

Hi juan, and thanks for helping me :)

Time tracking is already enabled in the issue features. The time tracking provider is set to Tempo, is it why we can only set the remaining time in Tempo and not in Jira?

I don't see anything in the issues or time tracking permissions that could be a problem...

In the meantime, I just switched back to the old Jira issue view. I now have the remaining time estimate field... It is not a good solution though...

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,528 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you